As part of the Application Engineering Team, the holder of this job is responsible for the efficient bringing to market of u-blox products by supporting the Technical Managers in all aspects of resolution of technical problems.
The function supports the improvement of existing products and the creation of new products by collecting and examination of market feedback and by analysis of competitive products. The efficiency of the application of our products is supported with the creation and maintenance of support tools. Training and education assures a high technical competence of our Field Application Engineers and the Sales in general.Tasks
- Creation and maintenance of training materials for u-blox products
- Implementation and maintenance of Know-How exchange among FAE´s and from product development team to FAE (issues, design recommendations, bugs, and feature roadmap)
- Hardware schematic reviews and advice, layout analysis
- 2nd level support for Technical Managers
- Lead/Key customer design support upon Sales/FAE´s request
- Customization of core product deliverables (Hardware or Software)
- Supporting tools (e.g. u-center, programming sockets for FAEs)
- Reference designs (blueprints)
- Preparation and delivery of technical field/market feedback in specification phase
- Dissemination of information to FAE organization after Prototype Release
- Maintenance of product support from Ramp-up phase onwards
- Competition analysis (technical focus)
- External parts recommendation for customer designs
- Preparation and maintenance of design-in supporting documents (manuals, application notes)
- Coordinate issue replication and resolution between FAE and product development teams
- Technical RMA analysis (engineering back-end for RMA process under lead of Quality department)
- Customer specific Measurements / Characterization
- Knowledge of additional European or APAC languages is an asset
u-blox case studies. Problem solved! Find out how our customers leveraged our technology to bring their ideas to market.
- Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Several years work experience including one or more in following areas:
- Telecommunication standards, 2G, 3G, LTE, CDMA
- Internet technologies TCP/IP, Sockets, HTTP
- Hardware engineering, BB & RF
- Software engineering, Linux kernel, Android, embedded systems
- GPS/GNSS technologies like in ADR, Timing, PPP, A-GNSS domains
- Bluetooth and Wireless LAN technologies
- Strong problem solving skills:
- Experience embedded HW&SW debugging skills on real time operating systems.
- Experience in C/C++/C#/Perl/Python programming.
- Experience to use embedded tools (emulators/JTAG-debuggers)
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and events in domestic and international locations
- Customer-oriented, needs to be able to quickly understand the system architecture of customer's application, and advise field application engineers or key customer on possibilities, and consult on a technical level.
- Good English communication and interpersonal skill
- Holder of a valid work permit for the application country